Women's Slip On / Natural
- Vegetable tanned leather upper
- Fully lined with natural sheep skin
- 100% Cotton waxed thread
- Vegetable tanned, Water Buffalo leather insole
- Vegetable tanned, Water Buffalo leather outsole
- 100% Copper Rivet conductor hand hammered through sole
- Laser-etched logo detail on inside heel
- Due to our natural dying process, colors may vary slightly from batch to batch
- Please view our Size & Fit guide page for sizing
Our debut style, the "Slip On," has a unique construction that has been passed down by over five generations of European cobblers. We start with the vegetable-tanned Water Buffalo leather sole. This special leather is more porous than traditional cow sole leather, allowing it to breath naturally. It is extremely durable, yet super flexible and moldable for ultimate comfort.
The sole is then sewn by hand, stitch by stitch, to the upper using a single strand of heavy gauge 100% cotton thread that is rolled in beeswax for added strength. We use premium sheepskin lining and zero synthetic materials so your feet can breathe without socks! A pure copper rivet is secured through the sole at the KD 1 acupuncture point (behind the ball of your foot) that touches both the ground and your foot. This is to increase conductivity and electron flow from the earth to your body.
Our minimalist upper, made of either top-grain leather or premium suede, features no internal structures, reinforcements, or supports. Aside from being the ultimate packable travel shoe, this deconstructed upper allows your feet to move freely, as we were designed to do by nature. We feature zero-drop soles with no arch support — for ultimate barefoot walking stimulation and health benefits.
Our footwear is truly made by hand using natural materials, so the fitting should be snug at first, allowing them to break in and stretch over time. Please read our thoughtful notes describing our beautiful shoes to insure you get the perfect fit!
PLEASE NOTE ALL SIZING IS IN US SIZING
Women's Slip On Sizing
Top row in red represents your normal shoe size. If you vary by brand between whole and half sizes, please use the larger of the two (in red) to figure out your correct size in Raum's (bottom row in Black color).
Women's Sandal Sizing *NEW
Men's Slip On Sizing
Top row in red represents your normal shoe size. If you vary by brand between whole and half sizes, please use the larger of the two (in red) to figure out your correct size in Raum's (in black).
1. We currently offer WHOLE SIZES ONLY.
2. Our regular Slip On shoes are generally a medium to narrow fit for Women's and medium fit for Men's. Please take into account they are made with no internal reinforcements and will stretch out after some wear to accommodate slightly wider feet.
3. BREAK-IN: Raum shoes are made of natural leather and 100% cotton sole stitching so they should fit snug at first, and then begin to stretch and mold to your feet over time. Depending on frequency of wear, they will stretch between a few days and a few weeks. Please be patient during the break-in process, we are confident our shoes will become your favorite and most comfortable shoes in time! Our sizing guide above takes the break-in process into consideration.
If your toes touch the edge of the shoe but do not "curl" or hurt, they should be the correct fit as they will stretch. We recommend wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure you have the right fit. Wearing socks might also help speed up the break-in period. If you shoes need to be stretched in specific places or just slightly more, please bring them to a local cobbler and they will be able to professionally stretch them.
4. The construction of Raum shoes is done with a single piece of waxed 100% cotton thread. This stitching is prevalent on the inside of the shoe and some people with sensitive feet can feel the stitching. The stitching will soften up after the break-in period and become flatter, however some people with very sensitive feet might not be able to withstand the feeling of this stitching under their feet.